Sunday, September 20, 2026

Doctor Who - Tender Times Are A Coming!

I joke but yes, a few months ago upon this year's Christmas special of Doctor Who getting cancelled this news has resurfaced.


Officially announced a few days ago, any production company can shoot their shot and pitch ideas on how to revitalise the show for a modern audience. While there are no specifics on casting for the 16th Doctor or even episode counts, there's a desire to try to get the show back in production by 2028/2029 as well as a possibility of it continuing to film in Cardiff. With any luck, this hopefully will see a positive change for the show moving forward. I'll post more concrete news as it presents itself.


While the main show itself might off air, the multimedia event saga also known as Circuit Breaker has had Jo Martin's Fugitive Doctor rather busy and has been single handledly keeping the Doctor Who social pages mostly alive. Better than that, this event has brought about the much welcomed return of Freema Agyeman's Martha Jones. You can read the Fugitive Doctor and Martha's reunion in the books The Kaleidoscope by Jo Martin and the short story The Doctor And The Three Witches in Time Lord Fairy Tales.


Last but not least, it's been over nine months since BBC1 released spinoff series, The War Between The Land And The Sea. According to Russell Tovey, who played Barclay Pierre-Dupont in the show, Disney+ will supposedly release it in 2027. The latter themselves have yet to comment on this. Personally, I'm not holding my breath and I suspect anyone outside the UK/Ireland who has wanted to see this show already did through other means.

I'll keep posting further updates on the Whoinverse when they become available.

No comments: