Monday, May 25, 2009

My Review of Doctor Who's: "Tonight's The Night"

Written by Russell T. Davies
Directed by Alice Troughton

Sao Til: “The TARDIS is mine.”
Jack: “The TARDIS belongs to The Doctor.”
Sao Til: “But I am the Doctor. Don’t you recognise me?”

Okay by reviewing this scene, I am probably proving one or two things that a) I really am obsessed with Doctor Who or b) that I have way too much time on my hands. I can’t see either generating positive responses from people.

Usually I wouldn’t watch Tonight’s The Night, even though I like John Barrowman as much as the next person but when there’s a special Doctor Who, it’s enough to get me to cave in and watch it.

This little beauty was a nice little TARDIS scene with Captain Jack fighting the not remotely evil Sao Til, who wanted control of the TARDIS but it’s not like Jack was going to allow that.

If there was a chance that viewers were supposed to take the scene seriously, it went to pot the second David Tennant showed up and warned John Barrowman that the TARDIS was his. Like a buffoon, I did get a little giggle out of the scene and I have to admire the winner Tim Ingham for getting to have his dream come true. You certainly can’t begrudge the lad.

- The title sequence had John Barrowman, David Tennant and Tim Ingham in that order.
- Sao Til was an arms dealer and Jack noted that blue was a turn on for him. Chantho in “Utopia” was also blue.
- We got some nice little interviews with David Tennant and Russell T. Davies on helping Tim fulfil a dream.
- Perhaps they could add this as a DVD extra for “The Waters Of Mars” when it comes out.
- Tim Ingham is a drama student, according to one of the blogs I read.

Quote, Unquote

David Tennant: “Oh and John, another thing.”
John Barrowman: “Yeah?”
David Tennant: “My TARDIS. My TARDIS.”

“Tonight’s The Night” might not completely fill a big Doctor Who void until the next special but this was very silly and very enjoyable.

Rating: 7 out of 10.

No comments: