It's a good job that I held off posting anything in relation to Doctor Who because in less than a day, two major news items surfaced in relation to the show's future.
First of all, that animated show (52 episodes, 11 minutes long each) has the title of Doctor Who: TARDIS Crew and will premiere on CBeebies from late 2027. The plot for the show has also been revealed.
Doctor Who: TARDIS Crew follows the Doctor, a young Time Lord, as he travels in his time travelling machine called the TARDIS with his friends Hannah, Beastie, and Toast-IE. They encounter several new worlds as well as villains like the Daleks.
I got to be honest. While I accept that it's aimed for kids, that animation looks horrible to me. I hope it lands for the intended audience.
Meanwhile for the actual show itself. There's Russell T. Davies providing more context for his recent era, following the release of his new book this month. I can't say he's really doing himself any favours in that regard.
There's also the fact that Jed Mercurio, the man behind series such as Line Of Duty and The Bodyguard has made a pitch for the show with Hat Trick Mercurio. STV Studios have also pitched and this would take future filming for the show to Scotland. Other pitches include two separate BBC Studios and World Productions.
This is excellent news and hopefully it'll mean that Doctor Who will be back sooner than expected. I'm rooting for Jed Mercurio as of now.
I'll post more updates as they come.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment