Tuesday, March 20, 2018

My Review of How To Get Away With Murder's 4x15: "Nobody Else Is Dying"


Written by Peter Nowalk
Directed by Jet Wilkinson

Annalise (to Laurel): "You're not your parents."

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Annalise. I think Laurel has proven a lot that she's very influenced by the same family she's been desperately trying to distance herself with since the show's beginning and this episode alone, she played her role in her father's downfall along with the set up for next season as to whether or not she's harmed her mother.

Personally I think Laurel probably hasn't killed Sandrine at all (though I suspect someone else will have done) but I'm also not surprised that even her close knit friends were quick to doubt her as well. Even Jorge prior to being arrested for his multiple crimes was fearful that Laurel killed his ex-wife, which really does say a lot about how he sees his own daughter.

Then again, Laurel did come out the victor in this episode. She just justice for Wes, revenge on her parents and even got baby Christopher back as well. The scenes with Annalise and Bonnie with Christopher were especially lovely to be honest. Of course with Bonnie, something else was set up for next season.

I had to admit it was delightfully meta to see Frank talk about the good times not lasting long as soon as Gabriel Maddox (Rome Flynn) came into the mix. I'm guessing that he's meant to be Bonnie's son considering that Nate was looking at her file and if it means a bigger role for Bonnie next season, then this should be a good thing. I'm also guessing we won't wait too long to find out who Gabriel's father was though.

As for the rest of the episode, there was a lot of interesting personal bits here. I hated that Michaela got Simon deported, even if her motives weren't entirely malicious but it was still a pretty despicable thing for her to do. I also liked Asher calling her out on her actions, even if he did go on a bit over. On the other hand, at least Michaela still has Connor on her side while the bromance with Asher and Oliver continues to blossom rather nicely now that Asher bagged himself a best man gig.

- Annalise's class action case storyline was also resolved with an obvious victory and Connor's back to applying for Middleton.
- Despite being deported, I'm hoping we do see Simon again.
- Tegan will be back next season I hope. I'd like to actually see her and Annalise work together.
- Chronology: Not long since The Day Before He Died left off.

If it wasn't for the set up with both Sandrine's whereabouts and the arrival of Gabriel Maddox, then I think Nobody Else Is Dying would've served as a series finale. It finally laid to rest the ghost of Wes, brought nearly everyone back together and put Annalise on a rather good path too. I do wonder though if the next season will be it's last one though.

Rating: 8 out of 10

No comments: