Been catching up with some recent news and it looks like we're in luck with this show. Stuff I've uncovered are ...
- There will be 18 episodes this season according producer Piers Wenger, so 9 two parters to look forward to then.
- Luke, Clyde and Rani are in the first year of their A-Levels.
- There were rumours to bring Maria but the producers decided against it.
- Androvax, Slitheen and Blathereen will all resurface this season, though the latter two won't have a big story this time around.
- New creatures include the Nightmare Man (connected to Luke's journey) and vulture undertaker aliens called Shansheeth.
- A new character will be introduced in Series 5 (yes, there's a Series 5 to look forward to as well) but nothing is revealed about that character.
- When asked if Matt Smith may appear in the show, producer Nikki Wilson quoted, "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you."
- There will be a story set on another planet and another one set back in time and no, the Trickster is not involved in that one.
- Writers for Series 4 include Phil Ford, Gareth Roberts, Clayton Hickman, Joseph Lidster and Rupert Laight.
The first two series of The Sarah Jane Adventures are available on DVD while the third series should surface later on in the year.