I apologise for not being more up to date with these Comic Con blogs but with a lot of information to process, I had to decide how I was going to go about things. As a fan of the DC comics/movies/TV shows, they were certainly the ones who ruled this weekend. Their best bits so to speak ....
Unite The (Five Of) Seven
- Did anyone want a nice cast shot of the Justice League? Well, you've got one of six of the principal cast members. Sadly we didn't learn who the seventh hero in question is (will be shocked if it's someone other than Green Lantern so to speak) but we got a trailer.
- A two and a half minute delightful trailer which saw Batman (Ben Affleck) and Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) banding together to bring The Flash (Ezra Miller), Aquaman (Jason Momoa) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher) into the fold. No sign of Superman (Henry Cavill) yet but we know that death isn't going to be a deterrent for him so to speak.
- Keeping with the trailers, we also got a new one for Wonder Woman and if you didn't love Gal Gadot as the Amazonian beforehand, you definitely will after seeing this one. Chris Pine as Steve Trevor isn't too shabby either.
- Meanwhile with less than a fortnight to go, Suicide Squad have been ramping up the promotional blitz with more cast shots, character spots and so on. One more trailer was released for the movie and it's really not long until this movie finally comes out.
- There's also been rumblings of a Harley Quinn/Birds Of Prey spin off movie and Ben Affleck could be directing his own solo Batman movie as well.
Wonder Woman Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgk_63b-Mrw
Justice League Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIHH5-HVS9o
Suicide Squad Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SULFiCh0Zsw
Wonder Woman is released on June 2nd 2017 and Justice League will be released on November 17th 2017. Suicide Squad is in theatres from August 5th.
Meanwhile In The TV Universe
- Well, we certainly got some trailers behold. Gotham gave us the briefest of ones with about thirty seconds of their sizzle reel showing us anything new. So far we're seeing Barbara (Erin Richards) and Tabitha (Jessica Lucas) opening a nightclub, Oswald (Robin Lord Taylor) being hoisted up, Fish (Jada Pinkett Smith) seemingly catching up with Hugo Strange (BD Wong) and Valerie Vale (Jamie Chung).
- There's also rumours that James Gordon (Benjamin McKenzie) may be taking on a new persona and Edward Nygma (Cory Michael Smith) will be the latest person to be released from Arkham Asylum.
- Arrow on the other hand showed us a flashback to the recently killed off Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) while Oliver and Felicity clashed over starting up a new team.
- A new team which includes Wild Dog (Rick Gonzalez), Artemis (Madison McLaughlin) and the future Mr Terrific/Curtis (Echo Kellum) somewhat training with an impatient Oliver. We've also got a new baddie in the midst going by the name of Prometheus (no, not that one) too.
- The Flash meanwhile will seriously be delving into Flashpoint territory as the consequences for Barry (Grant Gustin) saving his mother become apparent pretty quickly. Billionaire Cisco and more Reverse Flash for instance as well as the introduction of Wally West's Kid Flash.
- Tom Felton's character has more or less been confirmed as Dr Alchemy (with Tobin Bell providing the voice) but there will also be another speedster antagonist in the new season to boot.
- Legends Of Tomorrow's second season will be a full one this time around and viewers will be able to see both Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Damien Darhk in the first episode. Jonah Hex will be returning for the sixth one.
- Viewers will also be meeting the Justice Society Of America (Hourman, Commander Steel, Vixen, Stargirl, Obsidian and Dr MidNite) and of course, the Legion of Doom (Reverse Flash, Damien Darhk, Malcolm Merlyn and Captain Cold).
- As for Supergirl, not as much news was released for the upcoming season but we do know that there will be a bit of a clash between Kara (Melissa Benoist) and her more famous cousin, Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) though.
- As for Chris Woods character, it seems that he's someone from the Pod that was discovered by Kara during the first season finale. It's also been revealed that Floriana Lima will be playing Maggie Sawyer and Ian Gomez will be playing Snapper Carr. The latter will not be a fan of Kara or Supergirl either.
And an exclusive look at Tyler Hoechlin as Superman with Melissa Benoist's Supergirl too ....
Gotham - Season 3 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SULFiCh0Zsw
Arrow - Season 5 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HeaCOOzzE4
The Flash - Season 3 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GkBpMP1r6E
Legends Of Tomorrow - Season 2 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOk8r0VX62Q
Gotham airs Mondays 8pm on FOX from September 19th, The Flash airs Tuesdays 8pm on the CW from October 4th, Arrow airs Wednesdays 8pm on the CW from October 5th, Supergirl airs Mondays 8pm on the CW from October 10th and Legends Of Tomorrow airs Thursdays 8pm on the CW from October 13th.
And In Other DC News (Spoilers Alert)
- Kiersey Clemons has been cast as Iris West for the upcoming movie, The Flash.
- Katie Cassidy has signed a similar deal to both John Barrowman and Wentworth Miller so we will be seeing her in the upcoming seasons of Arrow, The Flash and Legends Of Tomorrow.
- Joe Dinicol has been cast as Ragman for an upcoming episode of Arrow.
- The Killing Joke has a particularly controversial look into both Bruce and Barbara's relationship. The movie is out now on DVD.
- Matt Ryan's Constantine is not only getting an action figure for next year but CWSeed are airing all thirteen episodes of the series and the character is a main player in the upcoming Justice League Dark animated movie, with Ryan reprising the role for the movie.
- Tricia Helfer will be playing Lucifer's mother in the second season of Lucifer and has already been upgraded to regular status.
And that's it for now. More DC movie and TV news and reviews to follow soon.