It's less than a month to go but finally, some concrete information in relation to upcoming BBC3 series and Doctor Who spin-off, Class has been confirmed as yesterday the cast and crew took part in a Facebook chat. Here's what we now know for definite.
- The characters are Miss Quill (Katherine Kelly), a physics teacher with maybe an evil streak, the hapless leader and gay Charlie (Greg Austin), the passionate and caring Ram (Fady Elsayed), wise and mentally strong, April (Sophie Hopkins) and child prodigy Tanya (Vivian Oparah).
- The characters are charged by the Doctor to take care of a great responsibility against some alien creatures.
- Expect a gay sex scene in the third episode and also expect this show to be quite bloody in parts.
- The first two episodes will drop on BBC3 from October 22nd. They are titled For Tonight We Might Die and The Coach With The Dragon Tattoo.
- BBCAmerica however will not air the series until 2017 as they are pairing it with the tenth series of Doctor Who. Canada however plan to air it to coincide with UK transmission.
- Peter Capaldi will be appearing in the first episode as the Doctor.
- Other cast members include Jordan Renzo, Pooky Quesnel, Nigel Betts, Anna Schaffer, Paul Marc Davies and Shannon Murray.
- Lucky people can see the first episode from October 20th at Class World Premiere in Shoreditch, London.
A trailer for the series however seems to be a bit further off but one will be seen at NYCC from October 5th-7th, which the cast are attending for the BBCAmerica panel. There will also be a Doctor Who panel with Peter Capaldi, Pearl Mackie and Matt Lucas in attendance with some exclusive footage for the year's Christmas special and Series 10. Speaking of the Christmas special, it's been confirmed that Matt Lucas will be appearing in it as Nardole and that it will be directed by Ed Bazelgette (The Girl Who Died and The Woman Who Lived) and so far, that's all that's been confirmed.
Press Release: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5MzbR5LJXbTVKtTR5bn4VHQ/6-things-you-need-to-know-about-class
Class airs Saturdays on BBC3 from October 22nd and will air on BBCAmerica from Spring 2017. Filming for Doctor Who's tenth series continues.