Thursday, May 29, 2014

Doctor Who - Foxes To Guest Star In Series 8

I have to admit I was surprised to see this come up on my feed this morning but it seems a certain pop star will be guest appearing in an upcoming episode of Series 8 of Doctor Who.


Foxes, aka Louisa Rose Allen will be appearing in an upcoming episode and performing a song as well. The singer known for her songs Clarity, Youth and Let Go For Tonight spoke of her casting ...

"I can't believe I'm actually going to be in an episode of Doctor Who! Especially as it all came about from a chance meeting. I was playing a gig and got chatting to the show's production team who'd been watching my performance. I was telling them how much I loved Doctor Who and next thing they invited me to be on it. I couldn't think of a better place to make my acting debut than on one of the UK's most iconic shows!"

You know what though? I'm intrigued by the casting and while some fans are already complaining about stunt casting, need I point out that both Kylie Minogue and Katherine Jenkins did fine when they appeared in both Voyage Of The Damned and A Christmas Carol respectively? There's no reason why Foxes can't do well either in whatever episode she'll be appearing in. The episode that features the singer will also resolve a plot point involving a certain phone call, according to executive producer Steven Moffat.

Could we finally be getting to see something that was promised back at the end of The Big Bang? Either way, this episode sounds intriguing and going by recent filming pictures, it seems that the Doctor, Clara and Danny are in a 1920s themed episode that may also feature mummies too. Filming for the fourth block is nearly completed with the fifth block (comprising of episode 9) to begin next month.

Foxes Casting: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/foxes-doctor-who

Doctor Who - Series 8 will air on BBC1 and BBCAmerica in August.

No comments: