Second and final Comic-Con one in relation to DC, this time around covering both Gotham and the upcoming movies, Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice and Suicide Squad.
- Season 2 will be known as the rise of the villains and considering that we've got Penguin as king of the city, the early days of the Riddler and the brother/sister duo of Theo/Tabitha along with unstable Barbara, you think that would be enough, right?
- Wrong! It's more or less looking likely that Cameron Monaghan (who is appearing in the opening episode for Season 2) is playing a younger version of the Joker. He certainly went down a storm at the Panel on Saturday.
- Now that Bruce and Alfred have found the Batcave, expect a whole new chapter in their relationship.
- Because this season will be about the villains, the story will get more epic as the city falls into chaos.
- Expect a "darker edge" this year.
Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice
We had the panel attended by Zack Snyder, Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams and Gal Gadot and along with the above image, we also a) found out that Affleck will be starring in a solo Batman movie, which he'll be co-writing with Geoff Johns and b) a new trailer was released for the main movie itself. Highlights include ...
- The rather slimy introduction for Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. The words 'smiling assassin' never seemed more apt.
- Alfred repeatedly trying to persuade Bruce that Superman wasn't his enemy. Not to mention the actual face-offs between Batman and Superman as well.
- A little parting gift from the Joker, which suddenly makes those flashback rumours seem more plausible as well.
- Holly Hunter as a very worried Senator. Like everyone else, she's not so quick to embrace Superman.
- Wonder Woman in a few shots as well.
While I still have some reservations about this movie, I have to admit that the trailer released over the weekend did a far better job of selling the movie than the one released back in April did.
An edit here because due to the leaks, Warner Brothers have now released the trailer for the movie officially and it's a bloody thing of beauty. Much as I enjoyed the second trailer for Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice, let's just say the Suicide Squad trailer edged it out a bit more. Especially with that haunting song used in the trailer.
- Margot Robbie's take on Harley Quinn certainly looks fairly consistent with the character. There seemed to be a moment where she's being an acrobat in her prison cell.
- Amanda Waller forms the Squad with the sole intention of blaming them if things go wrong. Again, pretty consistent.
- Some good shots of Deadshot and Captain Boomerang, the latter who quips to Harley about crazy ones.
- Jared Leto's Joker definitely has a menacing vibe to him. I think it's safe to say they've struck gold here with Leto's casting.
- More to the point, I'm glad the movie won't shy away from the darker aspects of both Joker and Harley's relationship as well.
Also revealed during the weekend by DC was that The Killing Joke will be getting an animated movie next year with a 15 minute prequel that will surface online as well. Of course the story will be retold in a new way for it's animated debut though while Batman: Bad Blood will add Batwoman into the mix. 2016 is certainly going to be a busy year for both live action and animated Batman related films.
Gotham Spoilers: http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/Gotham
Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice - 2nd Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y
Suicide Squad Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLLQK9la6Go
The Killing Joke Info: http://www.superherohype.com/news/346961-animated-batman-the-killing-joke-and-more-officially-announced
Gotham's second season airs Mondays 8pm on FOX from September 21st, Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice will be in cinemas from March 25th 2016 and Suicide Squad from August 5th 2016.