Sunday, February 13, 2011

Shows I Need Watch More Of

I watch a lot of TV and I comment on what I love and what interests me and I also try to keep this as varied as humanly possible but it's not always going to be easy. Here are a couple of shows I intend to catch up on over the next few months ...

The Vampire Diaries: I loved the first season but I've only watched bits of the second season and now I've been a little behind so I'm going to catch up from the beginning. This show exceeded my expectations and I want to stick with it, especially given the developments that have been happening in the second year.

The Walking Dead: Apparently it's like True Blood with zombies and the bits I saw when FXUK were airing did impress me. Plus, I could catch up with six episodes, right? And we could do with a bit more zombies on TV as well.

Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena: Since the first season, the main actor has left sadly due to ill health and been replaced and Starz commissioned a six part prequel series that I think I will be paying some attention to. Hunky men and some good storytelling - yes please.

Downton Abbey: Never has there been a period drama so bloody well talked about in the last few months. With only seven episodes, I reckon I can catch up with this well before the summer and with a classy cast like Hugh Bonneville and Maggie Smith, this should make for an interesting viewing experience.

Boardwalk Empire: I actually watched the pilot episode and was impressed but I have a feeling that it's going to be like Mad Men, The Sopranos and The Wire for me in the sense that I'll love it but I won't be obsessed with it. Either way, it's been a huge hit for HBO and definitely one for Sky Atlantic as well.

Anything else big I'm missing?

No comments: