Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's Only A Gameshow - Thank You, Nick Bateman

I never thought I would say this but I'm going to miss Big Brother as well. Tonight's episode just hit that home for me that it really is all over.

Okay, final positions

5th place Andrew: I expected him not to be the first out but I've liked him over the last few weeks and he's certainly been more entertaining than the likes of Shabby, Nathan, etc. I guess in other words, geek pride, yeah?
4th place JJ: He's a bit on the bland side but his interview was nice enough and I don't doubt he'll be appearing topless in several magazanines within the next year, regardless of his previous views on the subject.
3rd place Mario: I wanted him to win but knew he wouldn't. Apart from Josie's victory interview, I enjoyed his the most. Good old moley and one of the better gay guys we've had in the house.
2nd place Dave: I'm not gonna moan too much on this one because I didn't actually watch all that much of his interview and the fact that he'll no longer be on my TV screen is a good thing.
1st place Josie: Was there any doubt that she wasn't going to win? I liked that she said she'd give some of her money for Steve's leg, so sort of glad she did win for that alone.
Ultimate Big Brother lineup

Chantelle and Preston could be interesting, given that not really a lot of time has passed since their seperation (and Preston looked really handsome as well, didn't he?), plus there could be some fireworks between her and Nikki. I sort of don't mind Ulrika and Nick to me is nowhere near as nasty as they've tried to make him out to be - more sly than anything else. Nadia and Brian, I like them but they're making me miss Mario a little as well for some reason and I'm not too fussed about Makosi truth be told, though the hyperbole surrounding her has always baffled me a little. The only ones I don't like are John and Coolio but I can try to ignore them as best I can.

Overall, a good 2 hours 50 minutes for Channel 4.

2 comments:

Nat said...

I watched a bit of UBB last night, made me nostalgic for the good old days of BB. It's both sad and nice to see Nick go back in. Sad because it's been 10 years and you'd think he would've moved on and nice because he made BB in a way- no-one cared about the show until his big scandal and leaving. It was only after that, that people and the press started taking real notice.

shawnlunn2002 said...

Nick going back in makes sense for the reasons you've stated and it should be an interesting two and a half weeks with the contestants that they've picked (along with the two due for Friday).

I'll probably end up doing a few more BB related blogs to wrap things up for the series as well.