I've decided that there will be a few more of these Comic-Con themed blogs to post and this one will focus on upcoming Arrow spin-off, The Flash.
With the cast in attendance and the panel on the Saturday of the weekend event, some interesting spoilers (including a viewing of the first episode, which went down a storm) emerged. These included ...
- Discussion of The Flash/Arrow crossover event due to air later in the year. This does genuinely sound exciting. One of the crossover episodes will be called Flash Vs. Arrow.
- Grodd will be seen. The cage wasn't there by mistake, according to producers.
- There's a reason to why Mark Mardon isn't the Weather Wizard in the opening episode. He is of course, Clyde but the producers teased that it would be a spoiler as to why.
- This will be a lighter show than parent series, Arrow.
- Two gay characters will be appearing in the series on a recurring basis. The first one has been revealed to be David Singh, who will be played by Patrick Sabongui. The second one will appear later in the season.
- Gustin mentioned the Rogues - Captain Cold and Reverse Flash appearing in the series but didn't say anything we didn't already know.
- Felicity will be showing up in Central City.
- Grant Gustin said of Barry, “He’s a very genuine character that I love playing. He’s easy to relate to because he’s so genuine.”
To be honest we didn't get a whole lot of spoilers from the panel but the reception for the series does seem promising and I personally cannot wait for the crossover event with both Arrow and The Flash as well.
Comic-Con Trailer: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/07/the-flash-comic-con-promo.html
Comic-Con Spoilers: http://speedforce.org/2014/07/dc-tv-panel-sdcc/#more-32829
The Flash airs Wednesdays at 8pm on the CW from October 8th. A UK broadcaster has yet to be confirmed.