It's been a staple at Comic-Con since it's debut in 2008 but after seven years/seasons, the cast and crew of True Blood descended on San Diego one last time to reveal what else is left for the series with it's final five episodes. Well, technically four as Karma has just aired and I'll watch/review it later in the week.
- According to showrunner, Brian Buckner this season had to be about Sookie/Bill and this will factor big time into the final episodes.
- It was tough to kill off big characters such as Alcide and Tara.
- There will be a bit more focus on romance and the characters will be landed in a place where Buckner hopes viewers will be okay with not getting them anymore.
- Kristin Bauer Van Straten admitted she cried '96 times' when filming her last scene with Alexander Skarsgard.
- While Tara was the first major death of the final season, we still have not seen Rutina Wesley's final scene yet.
-Sarah Palin actually turned down a guest spot for the show, which Bauer addressed. There's something of a history with those two it seems.
- Anna Camp's Sarah Newlin/Crabtree will have a major part to play with the Hep V plotline as the recent trailer for the second half of the final season revealed.
- Paquin admitted that she thought Charlaine Harris's ending for her character in the books made sense, in terms of whom Sookie ended up with. Buckner then joked about having to do a rewrite.
Comic-Con Spoilers: http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/true-blood-comic-con-trailer-bill-sookie-sarah-palin-1201269718/
Comic-Con Trailer: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/07/true-blood-season-7-comic-con-2014-promo.html
True Blood's seventh and final season continues to air on HBO Sundays at 9pm and FOXUK Mondays at 9pm.