Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lip Service - Season 2 Exclusive

Yes, I come bearing some news, folks ....

It might have taken BBC3 way too long to announce a second season for Scottish lesbian drama, Lip Service but it's back for a second round and apart from Roxanne McKee, the majority of the cast will be back. Yup, that means Kat, Sam, Frankie/Eleanor, Tess, Sadie, Ed and Jay will be returning but the series itself will not air on BBC3 until 2012. To be fair, I totally saw that coming but I can wait that long.

The best part of the second season - Being Human actress Sinead Keenan will be appearing on the series, though it hasn't been confirmed what character she'll be playing. Other guest stars include Neve McIntosh (Doctor Who, Single Father) as well as Anna Skellern, who'll be playing Australian doctor, Lexie (or the Lexinator), who will also be creating ripples within the Frankie/Cat/Sam triangle as well. Out actress Alana Hood will also be appearing in the series but her role too has not been disclosed.

Anyone else excited for the new season?

13 comments:

Kusheil said...

i am stoked!!!!!!!! can't wait, i love the sam/cat relationship. they are cute, but i have a bad feeling about it. sad. kinda looking forward to seeing what happens with Frankie and her mum.

shawnlunn2002 said...

I do but we'll have to see how it develops in the second year.

Frankie's storyline with her mother should be interesting as well.

young tree said...

you might find it unbelievable that I'm an Iranian and I can't wait!!! they keep saying 2011. I just want to know 2011 means when exactly? jan? feb? when?

Lauren Pronto said...

im def excited, but i have to wait even longer b/c im in the US, but it is totally worth it!!

Monkey_Nat said...

VERY VERY EXCITED about this is was really good NO brillant to watch, i didnt realize it was on tv until the last two but was it on demand i was hooked i even bought it on dvd the charters where fab and the scripts was really great. I need more! hats of to everyone involved x

Monkey_Nat said...

I am really excited about this i did get wind of the last one untill it had only go 2 more left on tv, but that was it i was hooked i bought the dvd box set loved the hole thing from top the bottom, A big high five to everyone involved you did a fantasic job, I did a bit of acting in collage etc and its my true passion but my life took a diffrent path but if i was involved in the makeing i would of been proud to be in it.

brandle93 said...

Im in the US and i love this show so when and how can i see the second season?

shawnlunn2002 said...

Season 2 airs on BBC3 from 2012. It should be available online to watch shortly after.

Megan RG said...

So when exactly will it be aired? I can't wait any longer! :)

Eem said...

I like this even more than The L word! Great work!

shawnlunn2002 said...

Megan RG - I think it's March/April, after Series 4 of Being Human finishes up. We should be getting more promotional stuff in the next month.
Eem - Have to admit, so do I. The writing seems to be more grounded and believable. L Word could be a tad pretentious at times.

Lushka701 said...

Really excited to see what happens with Cat and Frankie. It seems to have taken forever, but really can't wait for episode 1!!!
I also hear that sadie is still in so I know this will be really awesome. Thanx BBC xx

s0bbie said...

OMG what is wrong with you Brits? In America we don't ever make fans wait this long (unless an actor dies). Thank you for this blog. This is most news i've found in the last hour of vigorously googling