Thursday, November 28, 2013

Looking - HBO Release Trailer/Airdate

It's one of the few new shows to air in 2014 that I am anticipating and it seems now that promotion for HBO's upcoming gay dramady, Looking has gone into full swing.


The trailer definitely seemed to focus pretty heavily on Jonathan Groff's gamer character, Patrick as we learn pretty fast that he's only had one serious boyfriend and it seems that he's waiting for the right guy to sweep him off his feet. If the trailer is anything to go by, his quest for the right guy is certainly going to be a lot of fun to watch over the eight half hour episodes.


Other highlights in the trailer (aside from the love lettering aspect of San Francisco of course), included Russell Tovey's British character, Kevin and a focus on Murray Bartlett's Dom, who is turning 40 and still stuck waiting table. I did say that in some respects that this upcoming show reminded me of HBO's other hit series, Girls but I'm hoping the writing and characters won't be as polarising as that show can be at times. I think I'll also be reviewing this series as well if I have the time. I'm definitely watching it. That's certainly not up for debate.

Season 1 Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnGwmP8qg2c

Looking airs Sundays at 10.30pm on HBO from January 19th 2014 and on SkyAtlantic shortly afterwards.

No comments: